In the beginning of cross country:
In the end of indoor/beginning of outdoor track:
Lauren Fleshman is literally everything I aspire to be in life.
Again I didn’t really workout as much as I could have, but I was struggling with a really painful and sore ITB in my left leg and at one point both of my legs were in a lot of pain, it was really strange. But I stretched and foam rolled and I feel a lot better, and I’m considering some PT if my parents are okay with that. But I really do need to start getting up my mileage during the week because I can’t be increasing my long runs and then barely running during the week — that’s just a recipe for an injury.
- 10 minutes of running
- some drills and strides
- after this I could barely move because my hips and legs were hurting so badly so I called it quits
- I could have cross trained but I was really down on myself because I was in so much pain ugh I have no motivation when it comes to exercise outside of running
- 30 minute run on the indoor track at the university
- easy 2 x 200 (0:43, 0:41)
- This day my legs hurt the most…like both quads, hamstrings, ITBs, etc, it was really weird
- I took the next day off but stretched and stuff because I was getting kind of freaked out — I did a bunch of walking on Friday and it hurt my legs and it was just bizarre
- I decided to just push through and just try to go on a normal run and see how it felt
- 4.7 miles
- easy pace, hilly, super windy
- My legs hurt at first but towards the end of the run and afterwards I felt a lot better, that night I felt fine too
- 3 x 10 jump squats
- 3 x 10 push-ups
- 3 x 10 squats w/ a 20 lb bar press upon standing
- 3 x 7 tricep extensions w/ 20 lbs
- 2 x 8 reclined dumbbell shoulder press w/ 15 lb dumbbells
- 1 x 10 reclined dumbbell shoulder press w/ 15 lb dumbbells
- 1 x 5 deadlifts w/ 50 lbs
- 1 x 10 deadlifts w/ 50 lbs
- 1 x 10 deadlifts w/ 60 lbs
- 1:00 plank
- 1:00 side plank on each side
- 15.01 miles
- average 9:45 pace BUT I had a lot of factors slowing me down
- my legs ached a little bit but they felt a million years better
- it was snowing the whole time and from miles 4-7 and miles 11-15 it was really really snowy
- I kept having to wipe off a snow beard!!!
- the roads weren’t cleared so mostly I was running through thick slush but when I could ran I through tire tracks
- at mile 10 I stopped to have some shot blocks and water, but my zipper with the shot blocks was completely frozen shut so I just drank water hahaha
- very hilly
- it was really fun and now my legs feel fine for the most part (well except for the post long run feels but none of that bizarre pain I was feeling earlier in the week and I barely feel anything in my hip)
I just ran 15 miles in a mini snow storm! Talk about feeling like a beast! I got so many weird looks from the drivers passing me hah.
Saturday morning trail run — perfect way to start the weekend!
— Jannine Myers