So I haven’t done a lot of run logs lately because I’ve been busy and I was sick for a week, so I’ll just do a log for the past week!
Also…I have no idea about this marathon right now. I haven’t done a long run in about 4 or 5 weeks and the marathon is in a month and my weekends in the next month are so busy I’m not sure I would have time for 4 hour runs. Also I don’t what to ruin my track season…a summer marathon might be better.
- core, 0.75 mile warm-up
- 4 x 300, 500
- 1:1 rest
- 300 times: 0:58, 1:01, 1:03, 1:05
- 500 times: 1:48, 1:51, 1:52, 1:55
- 0.75 mile cool-down
- LOL I’m in terrible shape
- No practice because hardcore rain
- Meet, ran the 3k but it was super slow so I’m not gonna tell you my time…I’ll get better
- also it was very cold and the first timte I’ve had to wear leggings and sleeves under my uniform
- 0.25 mile warm-up, core
- 20 minutes of jogging the curves, striding the straights on the track
- 2 x 200 at pace (and my pace is slow don’t laugh, I’m in terrible shape): 0:45, 0:46
- 0.75 mile warm-up, squat challenge (to the song “bring sally up bring sally down” it’s great)
- pace workout
- 400, 800, 1200, 800, 400
- 1:35, 3:15, 4:54, 3:03, 1:25
- mile cool-down, some stretching
Shalane Flanagan crosses the finish line of the 118th Boston Marathon
She had a PR of 3 minutes
(Photo: Timothy A. Clary / AFP - Getty Images)
Rita Jeptoo won the woman’s race for the second year in a row with a course record of 2:18:57.
HOW ARE YOU HUMAN??!!
Shalane Flanagan is leading at the half (1:09:25) on pace for a course record!
Shalane Flanagan PRed at Boston, 2h22’2”